A little History
XMD is the brainchild of 3D Environment & VFX Artist Michael Dunnam. Having used ZBrush since 2005, Michael began to experiment with creating custom brushes in 2012. The XMD brand came about simply because looking through other artist’s brush creations in ZBrush, there were no X named brushes. Since ZBrush uses the first letter of the brush name as a hotkey, X seemed like a logical choice. And who doesn’t love a good X? Behold! XMD was at that moment, born! (MD being his initials of course).
The XMD Membership is now available in yearly and monthly installments. XMD is constantly evolving. Here is what is included with your membership.
- Over 1200 Brushes
- Over 700 Alphas
- Monthly brush additions
- Behind the scenes look
- Access to the private XMD Facebook Group
- 100s of members only brushes
- You can get feedback on how to use any of my brushes (or how I intended them)
- Get to chat with me.
- Get to vote on upcoming brush sets.
- Get to chat with others in the industry.
Where you choose the monthly, annual or Life-Time membership, you will not be disappointed.