A LITTLE HISTORY
XMD is the brainchild of 3D Environment & VFX Artist Michael Dunnam. Having used ZBrush since 2005, Michael began to experiment with creating custom brushes in 2012. The XMD brand came about simply because looking through other artist’s brush creations in ZBrush, there were no X named brushes. Since ZBrush uses the first letter of the brush name as a hotkey, X seemed like a logical choice. And who doesn’t love a good X? Behold! XMD was at that moment, born! (MD being his initials of course).
With new brushes being released monthly, the XMD Membership was created. At first it began as a monthly membership and soon grew into a Premium membership. Michael loves helping out the art community as much as possible. There are a few options for membership. You can choose monthly, annual or LifeTime! A Life-Time membership for a low one time cost is a great deal! Considering the XMD brand is not going anywhere anytime soon. You already receive over 1000 ZBrush brushes immediately on joining. With 1000s of new brushes on the horizon, it’s only going to get bigger.
The CG Industry is growing at a substantially fast pace and Zbrush is at the forefront of the movement. ZBrush’s customers are growing at a tremendous rate, the annual Zbrush Summit has people traveling from all around the world to the event and viewers Live Streaming from around the globe.
With Zbrush’s fast pace growth to attempt to meet the demands of their customers and technology, there are Issues that the developers cannot keep up with. One main problem area with ZBrush is the start up speed with artist’s large collection of brushes, alphas and tools. Another notable problem is the organization of the software. There is just no way to keep all your files streamlined, organized, easy to and locate for artist inside Zbrush. Michael Dunnam has been an active member in the Zbrush community listening to what the artist wanted and needed. Acting upon those needs Michael created XMD in 2012 creating and offering brushes to the community. It was not long before, over 100,000 downloads of his brush sets in the first few months, that Michael saw the great business potential and started selling on Gumroad. In 2016, Michael focused on organization and the concept of the ToolBox was born.
WHAT YOU GET WITH THE MEMBERSHIP:
- You get a ton of brushes! Over 1300!
- Over 750 Alphas!
- XMD ToolBox plugin for ZBrush
- Access to the Facebook Private XMD Group
- Behind the Scenes of what I am working on.
- Get to chat with others in the industry.
- Get to vote on upcoming brush sets.
- 100s of Member Only ZBrush brushes.
- Get to chat with me.
- I show Work in Progress of current brushes.
- You can get feedback on how to use any of my brushes (or how I intended them)
- Take part in a quickly growing community! Everyone is very friendly
- This set includes everything and I mean everything!
HERE IS WHAT IS INCLUDED:
22 Subscription Only Sets:
- Terrain 05
- Fur 01
- VDM Chisels 01
- Terrain Set 04
- Photogrammetry Terrain Set 01
- Noise Factory Alphas 01
- Hair Set 02
- Snow & Ice Set 01
- Lunar Surface & Crater Set 01
- Monster Mash Scales & Skin 02
- Art Deco Trim Set 01
- Photogrammetry Moss Rock Set – Part 2 of 2
- Photogrammetry Rock Cliff Set – Part 2 of 2
- Monster Set 01
- Random Drag Brushes
- Piece Terrain Set 01
- Terrain Set 02
- Wood Set 01
- Terrain Set 03
- Crack Set 01
- Architectural Set 01
- Random Brushes Set 02
- Monster Mash Starter Kit 01
- Monster Mash Spike & Fin Set 01
- Monster Mash Scales & Skin Set 01
- Monster Mash Wings Set 01
- Monster Mash Teeth Set 01
- Monster Mash Tentacles & Tails Set 01
- Horror 01
- Damage Kit 02
- Knots 01
- Mech Mash 01
- Boolean IMM Set 01
- Master Cloth Set 04
- Gems Set 01
- Master Cloth Set 03
- Water Set 01
- Medieval Set 01
- Zombie Skin Set 01
- Master Cloth Set 02
- Cables & Wires IMM Curve Set 01
- Ruins Mash Set 01
- Pedestal Set 01
- Skin & Decay Set 01
- Master Cloth Set 01
- KFJR Relief Carvings 01
- Metals Dents & Welds 01
- Photogrammetry Damage Set 01
- Photogrammetry Moss Rock Set – Part 1 of 2
- Photogrammetry Rock Cliff Set – Part 1 of 2
- Skin Set 01
- Skin Set 02
- Arch Set 01
- Terrain Set 01
- Stroke Set 01
- XMD/KFJR Screw & Bolt Set
- Crack Set 1001
- Creature Set 1
- Creature Set 2
- All Texture Sets
- My How to Make Zbrush Brushes Tutorial
- All 196 Free Brushes Included for Ease of Download
- 150+ 3D Coat Brush Sets
- And MORE!